DayZ is an open-world sandbox online game where you fight over resources has bred a hostile mentality among survivors, driving what’s left of humanity to collapse. You are one of the few immune to the virus – how far will you go to survive?
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to DayZ for Windows 2016
- For the proper functioning of the server, the following ports must be opened (some of them may be open when creating a VM):
- In order to open ports, go to the “Azure Portal” settings in the “Networking” section.
- Click the “Add Inbound rule” button and in the window that opens, enter the port (or range with a dash) in the “Destination port ranges” field and the port type in the “Protocol” section. Leave the rest of the fields unchanged and save the settings. Repeat this action until all the ports that were listed above will be added.
- Before starting the server, make sure that the server configuration file contains the settings that are optimal for your server. To do this, go to the C:\dayz folder and open the serverDZ.
- After setting up the “serverDZ” file, run “start – Shortcut” from the desktop.
- To connect to the server, start the “DayZ” game on your PC. In the window that appears, go to the “Servers” tab and click the “Direct Connect” button.
- In the “Server name or address” field, enter the IP address of the VM. If the password was specified in the “serverDZ” file, enter it in the “Password” field. When finished, click the “Connect” button to connect.
If you were unable to connect to the the server you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login <Steam user name>
> <Password to Steam Account>
> force_install_dir “C:\dayz”
> app_update 223350 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “start – Shortcut” file from the desktop again.