Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) expands upon the team-based first-person shooter gameplay the original Counter-Strike pioneered when it launched in 1999. Two teams compete in multiple rounds of objective-based game modes with the goal of winning enough rounds to win the match.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Ubuntu AWS
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3).
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login ubuntu
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the basic usage tab on the page – https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/csgoserver/
- To display the server in the browser list inside the game, you should add GSLT Token to the config file. In order to create it, go to the next page under your Steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
- Enter 730 in the app ID field, enter the text to further identify the token in the Memo field, Then click “Create”.
- Copy the received token, then go to PuTTy and do the following:
> ./csgoserver stop
> nano /home/ubuntu/lgsm/config-lgsm/csgoserver/csgoserver.cfg
- File editor will open. Add parameter to the end of file gslt=”” and insert the generated token in quotes. In order to go to the desired line, use the arrows on the keyboard. To paste the copied text, use the right mouse button.
- Press Ctrl + X on the keyboard to exit the file. Then, you will be asked to save the changes to the file – press Y on the keyboard to confirm and Enter to overwrite in the same file.
- Now you should start the server using the following commands:
> ./csgoserver start
- To connect to the server, start the “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1