Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a multiplayer first-person shooter video game that pits two teams against each other: the Terrorists and the Counter-Terrorists. Both sides are tasked with eliminating the other while also completing separate objectives.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive CentOS 8.2 AWS
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login centos
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the basic usage tab on the page – https://linuxgsm.com/lgsm/csgoserver/
- To display the server in the browser list inside the game, you should add GSLT Token to the config file. In order to create it, go to the next page under your Steam account: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers
- Enter 730 in the app ID field, enter the text to further identify the token in the Memo field, Then click “Create”.
- Copy the received token, then go to PuTTy and do the following:
> ./csgoserver stop
> vi /home/centos/lgsm/config-lgsm/csgoserver/csgoserver.cfg
- File editor will open. Add parameter to the end of file gslt=”” and insert the generated token in quotes. In order to go to the desired line, use the arrows on the keyboard. To create a new line press the “O” button on the keyboard. When creating a line you will be switched to the editor mode immediately, which you can also enter using the “I” button..
- In order to finish file editing press the “Esc” key (to leave editor mode) and enter the next command “:wq” (colon is a part of a command, it should be entered necessarily)
- Now you should start the server using the following commands:
> ./csgoserver start
- To connect to the server, start the “Counter-Strike: Global Offensive” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1