Connecting and configuring Counter-Strike: Source Server on CentOS Stream 8
To connect to the VM, you should generate a “Private Key” in advance. This can be done using the following instruction (by choosing the “file format:” option “.ppk” in point 3)
- Download and run Putty
- Go to the “SSH” section in the left panel and then to “Auth”.
- In the “Auth” section, click “Browse” and specify the path to the .ppk file you received earlier.
- Go to the home page of “Session”, enter the IP address of the VM and click “Open”.
- In the opened console you will need to enter the login centos
- To manage the server, you can use the commands described in the basic usage tab on the page – Deploy Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Game Servers
- To display the server in the browser list inside the game, you should add GSLT Token to the config file. In order to create it, go to the next page under your Steam account: Steam Game Server Account Management
- Enter 240 in the app ID field, enter the text to further identify the token in the Memo field, Then click “Create”.
- Copy the received token, then go to PuTTy and do the following:
> ./cssserver stop
> vi /home/centos/lgsm/config-lgsm/cssserver/cssserver.cfg
- File editor will open. Add parameter to the end of file gslt = ”” and insert the generated token in quotes. In order to go to the desired line, use the arrows on the keyboard. To create a new line press the “O” button on the keyboard. When creating a line you will be switched to the editor mode immediately, which you can also enter using the “I” button.
- In order to finish file editing press the “Esc” key (to leave editor mode) and enter the next command “:wq” (colon is a part of a command, it should be entered necessarily)
- Now you should start the server using the following commands:
> ./cssserver start
- To connect to the server, start the “Counter Strike: Source” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write connect %vm_adress% and press “Enter” to connect. For example: connect 127.0.0.1
Let’s go! Hold your positions.
Bad guys will be down!