Besiege castles and raid villages in Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a first-person slasher with a focus on multiplayer. Featuring competitive online combat that seeks to capture the experience of truly being on a medieval battlefield.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Chivalry Ubuntu
- To start the server, it is necessary to connect to the VM and turn it on manually.
- To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- The server is started using the following commands:
> sudo su
To display the server console, use the command:
> screen -r
To exit the console correctly, use the Ctrl + A key combination, then releasing only the A button, press D on the keyboard.
- To connect to the server, start the “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare” game on your PC, open the console with the “~” key on your keyboard, write open %vm_adress%:7000 and press “Enter” to connect. For example: open 127.0.0.1:7000
If you were unable to connect to the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through PuTTY and do the following:
- First of all, you must stop the server, you can do this using the following commands:
> sudo su (If you haven’t run this command before)
> screen -r
> Ctrl + A, then, press K on the keyboard.
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir /home/steamuser/chivalry
> app_update 220070 validate
> cd /home/steamuser
> chown -R steamuser:steamuser chivalry