CentOS 7.8 MInimal is a popular Linux distribution used by organizations for development and production servers. Minimal edition is much smaller, boot faster, and will require fewer security updates over time since it has fewer packages installed.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Docker: Community Edition for CentOS 7.8
- After purchasing and starting the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (You need to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you should enter a username and password that were specified when creating the virtual machine.
- To check that Docker is up and running, enter the command
sudo docker run hello-world