Asterisk is a software implementation of a private branch exchange (PBX). In conjunction with suitable telephony hardware interfaces and network applications, it is used to establish and control telephone calls between telecommunication endpoints.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection Settings of Asterisk on Ubuntu 18.04
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal.
- To configure the server, you should connect to the VM and call the game console. To connect, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console it is necessary to enter a username and password that were specified while creating the virtual machine.
- To check that the service is running, enter the command:
> sudo systemctl status asterisk
- Press “Q” to exit checking service status
- To enter the asterisk service console enter the command
> sudo asterisk -vvvr
- To view the “Settings” or “Help” in the console of the asterisk service, you can use the commands:
> core show settings
> core show help
This is pre-configured Asterisk v.16
You can easily modify it with your own needs.
To further configuration of the service, use the documentation