ARMA 3 is an open-world, realism-based, military tactical shooter video game. Set in a massive Mediterranean sandbox of over 290 km², featuring 40+ weapons and 20+ vehicles.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to Arma 3 for Windows 2016
- Before starting the server, make sure that the server configuration file contains the settings that are optimal for your server. To do this, go to the C:\arma3 folder and open the server_config.cfg.
- After setting up the “server_config.cfg” file, run “server start.bat” from the desktop.
- To connect to the server, start the “Arma 3” game on your PC. In the window that appears, go to the “Servers” tab and click the “Direct Connect” button.
- In the “Server name or address” field, enter the IP address of the VM. If the password was specified in the “server_config” file, enter it in the “Password” field. When finished, click the “Connect” button to connect.
If you were unable to connect to the the server you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login <Steam user name>
> <Password to Steam Account>
> force_install_dir “C:\arma3”
> app_update 233780 validate
- Wait until the server is updated, and run “server start.bat” file from the desktop again.