Airsonic – Streaming Media Server for Ubuntu 18.04 is an open-source media server that allows you to fully access your music and share it with colleagues or enjoy listening to your favorite playlist at any place.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Configuration and connection Airsonic – Streaming Media Server for Ubuntu 18.04
- To start the server, run the VM through Azure Portal.
- After starting the VM, you can go to the main page. To do this, go to the following address http: //*vm_ip*:8080.
- The authorization page will open. To log in as an administrator, use the username admin and the password admin.
- After authorization, the main page will open. First of all, it is recommended to change the password for the account. To do this, click on “Change administrator password”.
- Check the box next to “Change password”, and enter the new password in the “New Password” and “Confirm Password” fields.
- To add audio to the library, you need to upload music to the server. For example, you can connect to the VM via PuTTY– Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified the when the VM have been creating.
- Create a folder where we will upload the music. To do this, enter the command.
> cd /var
> sudo mkdir music
And a command to go to the created folder
> cd music
- Now you can upload audio files to this folder. Files should be grouped into folders as follows:
Therefore, we will create several folders with the following command (inside the music folder):
> sudo mkdir -p artist/album
and go to this folder with the command:
> cd artist/album
To download a track via a direct link, you can use the following command (while inside the album folder)
> sudo wget -O %file_name% %link_to music%
> sudo wget -O Omen.mp3 ‘https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1kaj9cpLcgwcu0hPp6N2cUE8cIzoWM31t&export=download‘
- Now you need to scan the folder for added files. To do this, go to settings, and click the “Scan media folders now” button.
- Also, permit the user admin the access to the folder where we downloaded the music. To do this, go to the settings in the “Users” section.
- Select the “admin” user, check the box next to the music folder, and press <Save>.
- If you did everything right, then on the “Home” page your tracks should appear, which you can play directly from the browser (if the prompt is still displayed, then just click on “Don’t show this again” in the third paragraph.
- More information on setting up and working with Airsonic can be found here: