Active Directory appears as a directory where information about infrastructure and users is stored. Active Directory unites various network objects such as computers, servers, printers, and various services into a single system.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
Connection and Configuration of Active Directory Windows Server 2022 Minimal
To start the server, start the virtual machine through Azure
- For the VM to work, you need to open port 3389 (TCP), in the network properties in Azure Firefall.
- To connect to the virtual machine, run the “Remote Desktop Connection” shortcut “Win + R”
- In the window that appears, enter “mstsc” and click “OK”.
- In the window that appears, enter the IP of the virtual machine and click “Connect”.
- In the window that appears, enter your username and password and click “OK”.
- Check the box and click “Yes”.
- In the opened console you will see the command 15.
- Next, you need to start the Powershell command line, for this you need to enter 15 and press “Enter”.
- There are several possible uses for Active Directory:
- Installing a new Active Directory forest
Install-ADDSForest -DomainName name.you.domain -ForestMode Win2016 -DomainMode Win2016 -DomainNetbiosName hostname -InstallDns:$true
- Creating a new domain in an existing forest
- Add a new domain controller to an existing Active Directory domain
10. In order to increase the role of your server to the level of a domain controller, run the command and press Enter:
Install-ADDSForest -DomainName “name.you.domain” -CreateDnsDelegation:$false -DatabasePath “C:\Windows\NTDS” -DomainMode “7” -DomainNetbiosName “hostname” -ForestMode “7” -InstallDns:$true -LogPath “C:\Windows\NTDS” -NoRebootOnCompletion:$True -SysvolPath “C:\Windows\SYSVOL” -Force:$true
–DomainName “name.you.domain” – your domain name
–DomainNetbiosName “hostname” – your server name
After that, you need to come up with a password and confirm it (Password must contain letters in lower and upper case, numbers and symbols)
11. In order to diagnose Active Directory, you need to run the command
dcdiag /s:hostname /v , where hostname – server name