Ackee – Web Traffic Analytics is self-hosted, Node.js based analytics tool for those who care about privacy. It runs on your own server, analyses the traffic of your websites and provides useful statistics in a minimal interface.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
The guide how to work with the Ackee – Web Traffic Analytics on Ubuntu 18.04
- After purchasing and running the VM you should know its IP address. You can find it in the personal account of Azure. (It is necessary to select the virtual machine from the list. By clicking the item “Overview”, your IP is displayed in the line of “Public IP Address”).
- To work, you must open the following port:
- To connect to a VM, you need the PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you need to enter a username and password that were specified the when creating the virtual machine.
- Now go to the address http://YourVM’sIP:3000.
- Enter login ackee and password ackeepwd.
- Next, you need to add a domain, for this, go to the tab “Settings” and click “New Domain”.
- Enter a name and click “Add”.
- Now you should open the created domain and add the proposed code to your website.
- Server is ready to go.