7 Days to Die is an open world, voxel-based, sandbox game that is a unique mash-up of First Person Shooter, Survival Horror, Tower Defense, and Role Playing Games combining combat, crafting, looting, mining, exploration, and character growth.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to 7 Days to Die Game Server
- To start the server, you must connect to the VM via RDP and open the startdedicated file on the desktop.
- The Windows console opens. After executing the basic commands, it will be offered to close the console. After it is closed, the console of the server will open. The server will be fully started after the following text appears.
- To connect to the server, start the game 7 days to die. Click “JOIN A GAME” in the main menu
- Click “CONNECT TO IP…” at the bottom, enter the VM’s address in the “IP” field and click the “CONNECT” button.
- For additional server configurations, edit the serverconfig.xml file in the C:\7days folder. Changes must be made before the server starts.
- To stop the server, enter “shutdown” command in the server console and press “Enter” on the keyboard.
If you were unable to connect to the the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through RDP and do the following:
- Go to the “C:\steamcmd” folder and open the “steamcmd” file
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir “C:\7days”
> app_update 294420 validate
Wait until the server is updated, and run “startdedicated.bat” file from the desktop again