7 Days to Die is an open-world game that is a unique combination of first person shooter, survival horror, tower defense, and role-playing games. Set in a brutally unforgiving post-apocalyptic world overrun by the undead.
This is a quick deployment and ready-to-run image.
Simple and rapid installation. Easy to maintain.
How to create and connect to 7 Days to Die Game Server
- To start the server, you just need to start the VM through Azure Portal. Start of the server can be up to 5 minutes , wait until it’s fully configured and started.
- To connect to the server, start the game 7 days to die. Click “JOIN A GAME” in the main menu.
- Click “CONNECT TO IP…” at the bottom, enter the VM’s address in the “IP” field and click the “CONNECT” button.
- For additional server configurations, edit the serverconfig.xml file in the /home/steamuser/7daysserver. Changes must be made before the server starts.
- To stop the server, enter “sudo pkill 7Days” command in the PuTTY window.
If you were unable to connect to the the server, you should update the server. To do this, connect to the VM through Putty:
- To connect to a VM, you need PuTTy application to connect via ssh. You can download it at the following link – Download.
- Run Putty, enter the VM address in the “Host” field, and click “Open” to connect.
- In the opened console you will need to enter a username and password that were specified the when creating the virtual machine
- Enter the following commands in sequence:
>sudo pkill 7Days (to stop the server)
> sudo su
> login anonymous
> force_install_dir /home/steamuser/7daysserver
> app_update 294420 validate
> cd /home/steamuser
> chown -R steamuser:steamuser 7daysserver
- To start the server after update, restart the VM through Azure Portal.