Creation and using Key Pair to connect to a VM
After subscribing to the VM and choosing the required sizes, you should create a Key Pair file in order to use it in the future to connect to the VM.
- Click the button <Create a key pair in EC2>.
- When the page for creating keys opens, click the button <Create key pair>.
- Then, in the key creation window, name the file, select the .pem format and click the button <Create key pair>.
- The file will be automatically saved to your computer. It’s important, save it to a folder where you won’t lose it.
Also, the key will appear in the list on the keys page in EC2.
- Next, return to the page where you selected the VM settings and select your key from the list.
- Then, press the button <Launch>.
- In order to go to the VM, it is necessary to click on the <EC2 Console> button in the window that opens.
- When the page with the created VM opens, you should give it a name.
- To connect to a VM, right-click on the line with VM and click <Connect>.
- When the <Connect to instance> window will open, download the rdp file by clicking on <Download remote desktop file>. Then, you need to get the password.
- In the <Get Windows Password> window, browse for the Key Pair file that you created and saved earlier and click <Decrypt Password>.
- Thus, you will get the User Name and Password for this vm.